Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aliasing embedded fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

graphicjunkie

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
US
Hi all, I hope this message finds you in good health and high spirits. I have been having a problem with forcing my embedded fonts to be aliased (hard-edged) as opposed to antialiased (smooth-edged). For each text field that I wish to be aliased, I have made the text type "Dynamic Text" which usually prevents the font from being antialiased. It worked great on my computer because I have the font installed, but not on other computers that don't have this specific font. So then I chose to "Embed all font outlines for ALL CHARACTERS" under the "Character" option in the text field Properties. This adds each character to my swf publication to ensure the fonts show up on any computer regardless of whether the font is installed or not. However, they do not alias on any computer after I have embedded them. I double checked to see if Flash changed the text type to "Static Text" after selected the embed option, but it hadn't. Now I have no idea what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. Take care and have a wonderful day!

pixel fonts must be embedded, but unless they're set on a whole pixel value at x and y, and to the exact font size that they're meant for, they'll look like crap.

A dynamic textfield, if you don't embed the font, should output aliased text. Problem is, that font won't show up if it's not installed on users' machines. Only way is to embed the pixel font, which will remain seemingly aliased even if embedded.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Bacon, eggs and sunshine are still good for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back