Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADO not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notchback

Programmer
Aug 25, 2000
GB
I have SQL Server backend database that logs all messages coming into an Oulook 2000 mailbox. On the Application_NewMail event I have written a proc that logs onto the SQL databnase using ADO, and then adds a new record and applies information to the relevant fields in that record, such as Sender, Subject and Body from the new meassage. Sender and Subject are fine, but when it tries to write the contents of the variable hloding the message body to the body field in SQL nothing gets written. I think this is because the body field in SQL is declared as ntext, as when I converted it to nvarchar the text was written to SQL. I have tried the appendchunk method but this doesn't work either. I have also set up a small test Access 2000 project that uses the same SQL backend, and I can write variables to ntext fields happily. Is this something to do with Outlook? Please help me!! :cool: [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back