Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin setup lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhondaCarroll

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi There,

I need to use source safe at work but unfortunately the person who set it up has moved on and now we don't have access to sourcesafe anymore. I found a tool for resetting the admin password ( ) and this was performed successfully by one of the server guys. I tried to log onto the source safe admin but it pops up saying log on denied to source safe rights.dat. Is there anything at all that I can do to gain access as an Admin? As of right now, I don't even have a user account but need to be an admin user. I am unable to make any changes to the reports which are required for our Report server functionality. Please help!!!

Thanks in advance,

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

The user may have read-only access to the data directory.
Please do: At the operating system level, change the user's rights to the SourceSafe data directory to include write or modification rights.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back