Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a toolbar to the menu bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

devwilcat

Programmer
Dec 18, 2003
CA
Greetings all,

I am having a bit of a problem with my toolbar class I've created. It was created to take the place of several menu-items that weren't menus at all but rather single-click form openers.

The toolbar works great and I set it to dock at the top of the page. This makes it dock "underneath" the menu bar. The problem with this is that several of our forms are too big with the extra toolbar added and the bottom of the form gets cut off.

Which brings me to my question: Is it possible to put your toolbar on the same horizontal line as your menu bar? I've been trying for quite a few hours now and it seems there is no "obvious" way of doing this. I have tried "adding" the toolbar to our applications oMenu class, but it still docks it underneath the main menu bar.

Any ideas?

Devon

Is it possible to put your toolbar on the same horizontal line as your menu bar?"

No, it's not possible.

Here are a few options for you...

use a resizing class to make your forms proportionally smaller

dock the toolbar over on the left or right-hand side of the screen

create a special keyboard shortcut (menu item with shortcut to it) for the user to show/hide the toolbar...that way if it get's in the way they can just make it invisible until they need it again

boyd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back