Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing another User's Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

azizaadam

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US

I am using IP406 with VM Pro. I have a setup with a receptionist answering calls during the day who transfers calls to extensions. When she is away from her desk the autoattendant picks up. Additionally I have set up a an additional extension to be used as a general mailbox.

A caller can press 9 to leave a message in the general mailbox. Since this mailbox is an extension without an actual phone attached, there is no way to know if there is a message there without actually dialing the extension and checking.

Basically, I would like the receptionist phone to light up when the general mailbox has a message. Is this possible through voicemail pro? I'm guessing a collect action for the receptionist could accomplish this, but not sure exactly how to do this.

Thanks

You must make the General Mailbox the mailbox of a Hunt Group, say something like "Main" and ext. 200 - the IPO defaults. In the Source Numbers field for the Receptionist's extension, you will then enter HMain. Now when someone leaves a message in the General Mailbox (Main/200), a light will appear on her phone indicating such. In the VMPro call flow, connect touch tone 9 to a leave mail action (it sounds like you already have this in place) with a specific destination of mailbox 200. You will need to record a greeting for the Main/200 mailbox. Sound right?

CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back