Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access forms (reading table data)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Oclock

Programmer
Mar 9, 2005
US
I created a form but the navigation controls at the bottom don't display table data. How can I correct this. Also the 'datasheet view' is grayed out and not available. Why?

Is the form's Record Source property set?

Yes. The record source is set to the table.

Also if there are option buttons. How do they display? There is no record source in the design view.

Another problem: If I want a form to display data from a table. The 'record source' needs to be the table but what if I want it to both display from the table and also be the entry for a new record for the table? The 'record source' can't be both the field in the table and just a field in the form. Or can it?

It is usually better practice to base your form on a query rather than the table directly. To display and update records, make sure the forms properties include:

Allow Additions = yes
Allow Edits = yes
Allow Deletions = yes ?? if you want this ability
Navigation Buttons = yes

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back