Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access data base confuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

petart

Programmer
Aug 7, 2011
BG
Hi all,
May VB2008 progect works with Access data base. Once at a command "DataSet1. Row. Count " gives 125 rows, as well as it is necessary but then at attempt to take value column "ID" the last rows, gives value 116 rows as that the following rows are not present and confuses the program.
Certain ideas?

Records don't have any order so there is by default no first and no last. If your records are queried with an ORDER BY, you can move to the last record based on the sort order.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I specify will give value record with number 125, but answer that is those recorda is not present. When I shall open table in Access records are 125.

I am confused here.
DataSets are collections of data Tables, Tables have Rows, and you can Count Rows in a Table in the DataSet

You can set a break on your line of code: DataSet1. Row. Count, move your mouse over DataSet1 and click on a little magnifying glass to see the tables in your DataSet1. That may help you see what you have in there.

Have fun.

---- Andy

Problems not in DataSet, problems in Access table. I export table in Excel, then back import in Access but without column "ID". I would give that Access itself has added her and has filled up AutoNumber and already all is adjusted OK.I think that error on Access, but I do not know whence it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back