Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 corrupt database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiana

Programmer
Mar 5, 2000
AR
I have an Access 97 corrupt database and the method dbengine.compact can't compact the database. What can I do? <br><br>Thanks<br><br>Fabiana Etchepare

Do you have Access?<br>if so Create a new .mdb<br>then Right click on the white space and click Import<br>Find your corrupt database and then you should be able to import anything that does NOT have VBA code in it<br>Like Tables, Macros, Queries<br>I would at least try to import everything.<br>

Try using Tools-&gt;Database Utilities-&gt;Repair Database <p>Colin Chevrier<br><a href=mailto:colin.chevrier@ca.jdsunph.com>colin.chevrier@ca.jdsunph.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

you can code a repair database feature using the common dialog control in vb.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have done this and it is very useful.&nbsp;&nbsp;You can also use it to compact the database etc

Just curious, would any of your guys know why my VC++ and VB source codes show up in my access database (I seen you mentioned VBA, so wasnt sure if that was the samething) and by show up, I mean you have to open the database in a word processor and look at the file content to see it, it has my VB project codes in it, and a large portion of my VC++ source code in it(and both are codes that were used to open the database for retrival and changes) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back