Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

_parent target

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRAY

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
US
I'm using a JavaScript drop-down navigation menu in my intranet, and I'd like to point all the URL's from one of the drop-down lists to load in a separate window. The window is a database portal, and I want all my databases to be accessible through that window. Basically my question is:

How do you determine what the _parent target is?

I know I'm just overlooking something simple. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Psilocybe

The easiest way to do this is to use the pop up menu function in Fireworks 4, which will allow you to select the target as _parent when you create the link.

Other than that it has to be done in code, and I can't state specifically how this is done since I am not a Java programmer. People in the Java forum could help with this.

Stuart

target="_blank" sends the hyperlink to a new web browser instance

e.g. < a href = &quot; target = &quot;_blank&quot;>Evermangler&quot;< / a >

Note: Aditional spacing added to foil them there thingies that pull out valid html code. and to make sure the above isnt displaied as HTLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back