Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumCrazy1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
I am looking for a solution someone has used or heard of.
We are looking at adding a few locations with 5 or less people that will connect to and S8700 via VoIP over a high-speed network. Theses people are agents that need to receive ACD calls from the S8700. There will be no gateway at the site with 5 phones. How do I deal with 911 other then add a pots line for 911 uses only?

I think you answered your own question -- you'd have to use local POTS lines. If you're using RoadWarrier functionality, you'd likely have those anyways.

If the locations are served by the same PSAP as the 'main' site, the LEC may have a product called something like 'PS/ALI' (public safety/automatic line identification). This product is basically a tool and databse that you would associate a locaiton with a DID, and each DID could then have a distinct address. You'd have to have a DID assocaited to each location.

If those locations would be served by a different PSAP the only other option I can think of would be an FX line from the 'remote' CO back to the main site so you could use trunk hardware at the main site, but that would require an FX per location, and that sounds a whole lot more expensive than just putting a POTS line in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back