Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-662 Exam Prep 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenhalo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2008
US
Hello All:

I've just failed the 70-662 exam that I thought I was completely prepared for and just wanted to post some feedback about it here for anyone else prepping to take it and also get some suggestions if possible.

Firstly, I used a combination of CBT Nuggets and uCertify software to prep. The CBT Nuggets videos were good for learning some of the material and how to do/use certain things, but was not very good as far as prepping for the exam. uCertify is JUNK and I do not suggest using it at all. I have been getting consistent 900-1000’s on every practice exam in the software and felt completely ready to nail this exam. The questions in the practice exams are NOTHING like the actual test. The actual test is mostly multiple choice, but giving you up to 15 options to select from. Every ucertify prep multiple choice question gives you 4 options. There were also two different types of questions on the actual exam that weren't included with the uCertify questions – one of them was drag and drop and the other was actual screenshots of Exchange that you choose from the options. Lastly, several questions and learning objectives were outdated, mis-spelled and answers were clearly wrong – it was like nobody actually reviewed the material before publishing it in the software.

OK, now that I am done bashing uCertify I will go over some of the most heavily-used types of questions I came across in this exam. Like I stated above, over 50% of the questions were multiple choice providing up to 15 possible answers. I was not prepared for that as I've never before experienced that in a MS exam. I will also say that you need to know a lot of EMS shell cmddlets and whether completing a certain task is better done in the Shell or in the EMC. If something needs to be done in the EMC, you absolutely need to know where exactly in the EMC it needs to be done. I also got nailed hard on connector options and how the Mailbox and CAS servers communicate with eachother, DAG's, Public Folders, etc.

If anyone has suggestions of any actually useful exam prep practice testing software (please don't suggest something like ActualTests), it would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions from people who've passed the exam would also be great. Thanks!

Brad L.
Network Engineer
Pcubed

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

First, nothing ever NEEDS to be done in EMC. You can do everything in EMS. EMC just spawn EMS commands.

Personally, I don't use practice software, brain dumps, or books set specifically for taking the test. I just make sure I know the product - which is what the test is designed to test you about.

However, the ones by Transcender are supposed to be really good.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Don't waste your money on exam practice exams. Just buy some memory for you computer and spin up a complicated build of the product across multiple machines. Getting it all to work with all features will get you half way thru the test. Pretty much go thru every option and understand what they all do. Read what areas are tested and go thru technet stuff around those commands and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back