Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6 lines, consider voip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanComm

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
I'm helping set up a new cics system in a small office that opens in a month. They are asking my opinion on how to order & set up the lines from Verizon.

They plan to start with 4 lines, and increase to 7 or 8 in a few months. I was considering 2 pots (main incoming & fax) and the rest voip. Have many folks set up businesses with voip and been happy? I use vonage for a number at my office and have been pleased.

If we do go the voip route for 2-4 lines, are there any voip hardware adapters that have more than 2 lines? or do you just buy multiple voip adapters?

I've read about sipphone, vonage, and a few others. For 4+ lines, is there one that seems to work well for business?

Thank you very much. Sean

what kinda Internet access is there?

i use vonage at home ...no problems

I had a customer who had great luck with it for a year or so then it all went south.

suddnley the lines become basicly unusable , we changed isp's , modems etc. no improvment finally had to go back to verizon for "real phone lines "

glad I didnt recommend it .

I wouldnt want to recommend it to a customer

just wante to add I was talking about vonage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back