Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610SW IP Not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline

Technical User
Oct 14, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a new 5.0 IPO and some 5610SW IP phones. The phones connected directly ( via switch ) to the IPO are working fine but I have a remote site that the phones are coming up as "Unknown IP Handset".

I have the 5.0 CD and software running. System status shows the phone and it's extension but it won't get dialtone or accept programming.

I've tried downloading a new 46xxsettings.txt from Avaya's website but it doesn't mention 5610 phones in it's description. I'm confused.

I've tried removing the ## at the 5610 settings but it still doesn't take. Maybe I've done that wrong ?

Why would the phone come up directly connected ( via switch ) to the IPO but not at a remote site ?

I'm just looking for some advice I haven't thought of.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Call your BP.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

There are lots of reason why this is happening. As Bas said, either contact your BP or have a look at the Network. It sounds to me that the IP Office is not recognising the IP Phone as an Avaya one when connected remotely which suggests possible that some ports are being blocked. Yoour BP should be able to tell you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back