Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 Port Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huddleto

Technical User
May 3, 2004
US
Hello, am at small college with several campuses and have an issue with newer fax machines at site A not being able to successfully fax to site B (or vice versa) where both ends are analog extensions on CS1000 rel 4.5. My predecessor had same issue and never resolved. The sites are connected via SIP trunks and each site can successfully fax to other machines at the same site. Calls to other site negotiate OK but fax never gets there. SIP is the common denominator here and I don't think it likes the higher transmission rates (1 page/3 sec.). I'm wondering if there's a way to lock an analog extension or port down to a slower speed, like 14.4 kps? Anyone ever done this before?
BTW, been monitoring this forum for a few years now and ya'll are the best. Many Thanks!

Hi huddleto,
We have had the same problem. We got the fax machine technicians to lock the speed of the fax machines to 14.4 kps.
Also it is worth trying cls faxa.
Good luck.

SIP and Fax's / Modems are a common problem. I've recently got involved with a customer who also had Nortel CPPM release 6. The SIP provider couldn't configure their trunks to allow T38, which is Nortel's preferred method.

However, at release 05.50 it's now possible to alter any 500 set using Fax or Modem to have a CLS = MPTA (MPTD is the default).

(MPTD) Modem Pass Through Denied basic-5.50
MPTA Modem Pass Through Allowed

By removing T38 from the Sig Server programming and having MPTA, we were able to get the Fax's to function correctly.

One of the main symptoms was that multiple pages would fail on incoming calls.

I hope this helps?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks for the responses! Since we're running rel 4.5, I'll check the cls faxa setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back