Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 IVS switch backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenegadeTech

Technical User
May 8, 2003
US
Hi all,
I am working on disaster recovery plans for our organization and started wondering if there is a way to backup the data on this system to a file or series of files. I see that in Matworx there is a backups option, but I guess I don't understand what the process is and was hoping someone would be kind enough to clue me in.

Thanks,
Brad

You have to backup each area name in the dropdown menu to a separate file. It is a pretty time consuming process and I would not suggest doing this by modem. Instead, direct connect to the PBX and do your disk backup from there.

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't quite sure. So this will back up all switch programming?

Thanks for your help!

All of the important stuff. I've never actually had to use any of my backups, so I honestly couldn't say for sure. I would keep listups of LCR and CM10/11 as well. You can run them in MWS and copy/paste to a text file. Or, you can open the MOC Terminal, turn on the Log File, then run the listups from MWS. This will capture the listup as MWS runs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back