Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1616 echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle1532

Programmer
Apr 14, 2009
US
hey guys,

i have a couple of 1616 phones. they are working, but when i make a call the first 10-15 seconds has a bad echo but then goes away.

is there any settings i could look at changing?

thanks

Under extensions do you have a codec hard set or is it auto? I usually set them to G711 on the LAN.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Is this internal calls or external or both? What type of lines if only external calls effected?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

amriddle01

we are using analog lines...i know...this sucks!!!

echo on external calls. internal sounds great.

the codec is set to auto. i will go ahead and change to G711 to see how that works.

thanks!

Are your analog lines true analog lines? I started getting this 10-15 second echo problem when I switched from copper line analog to voip "analog" lines.

yes they are true analog lines. i have switched the codec to G711 but still get the same problem.

is there anything else i can check???

thanks again!

Is this an IPO 500 or a IPO 400.

On the 400 with the 5VCM I have never been able to resolve the echo issue on IP Phones. The 4VCM cards seem to work OK.

Have you played with the echo cancellation settings on the trunk card yet?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

it is a 406v2 with a VCM5. i will change that out and let you know how it goes.

thanks!

there is well documented information regarding echo on analoge lines from an IP based source. (especially SIP)

you need to employ line echo technology, which i dont think the IPO has built in on the trunk side.

you could

a) upgrade to ISDN
b) employ a media gateway like the Quintum AS for analog to ISDN trunks. You IPO plugs into the ISDN end of the Qunitum. this will resolve your echo issue.

The VCM5 has just a little echo cancelation
The newer VCM4,8 etc have more echo cancelation

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back