Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

12x0 Set upgrade failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

octothorp

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
We previously set up about 10 12x0 phones in a remote office. After adding the 12xxBoot.cfg on our TFTP server in the head office, as well as the firmware and prv files, those phones worked properly.

We just tried to hook up two more, but they say "Set Upgrade Failed" after they show the correct firmware number (it even updated when I put the latest firmware on the server).

They are currently in a loop of saying "Set Upgrade Failed" and rebooting. I confirmed that when I remove the firmware files from the server, we get errors in the log on the server for file not found. Also, at the remote office we successfully downloaded the bin file through windows command line tftp. I can't figure out why the firmware download is failing.

Dennis

Dennis G

We had a batch of 11xx phones that would not accept the updates. The reason was a change of the Firmware Chips that could not properly run the firmware they were shipped with. Normaly you would ship them back but as we had so many and they were in south africa and Malaysia we sorted them, but needed a special cable and software from Avaya so we could BootA the phone and send the new firmware over the serial cable. Don't know if it is a similar issue but check the date of the phone on the back of the ones that are not working then check Avaya Site see if there was a recall.

Also have you tried the proceedures for BootC (In the phones NTP) see if that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back