Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1000 Separator in an Expression 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anniesolomon

Technical User
Oct 2, 2011
US
I'm using the following expression in an Excel spreadsheet:
=IF(E3+F3>N3,"Good Stock Level","Order "& INT(N3-E3-F3)& " "& D3)

False results return the number without a comma which I would like to have:
"Order 1868 BK" instead of "Order 1,868 BK"

Can anyone tell me how to force the 1000 separator in my expression?

Thanks very much!
Ann

Just give the guy the code people,

=IF(E3+F3>N3,"Good Stock Level","Order "& Text((N3-E3-F3),"#,###")& " "& D3)

>Just give the guy the code

That's not typically the way Skip and combo, nor various others, work on this site.

Give the guy a fish and he eats for a day.

Teach a guy to fish and he eats.

Wouldn't be better to do both. Give them the information they're asking AND give them the link for them to learn more. It probably took you guys as much time to type your comments that didn't resolve the problem, to give the OP the answer.

Some people are more tech savvy than others, and some still couldn't write the correct code. Additionally, sometimes it seems like people will post just to keep their post-count high, but not try to help. It gets frustrating following some of the threads and see OP's have to post the problem repeatedly because people will post possible links that are sometimes relevant, but not always. I do agree that sometimes the OP's are difficult to follow at times as well, but we're primarily here to help others, not to pat ourselves on the back.

I appreciate all of you so very much. Amazing that I never before had reason to use the Text function! Thank you for your feedback & instruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back