INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...I really enjoy your site. You have a lot of helpful and friendly experts who contribute so willingly. Thank you for past (and future) technical advice..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
How to create new items
Posted: 7 May 09
Adding Items to Aloha
• -Go to [Maintenance] [Menu] [Items]
• -If the Item ID field is blue you can type in the item number you want to use for the new item. If it is not, click on any item in the list to highlite it blue
• -Enter short name (button name), assign tax and printer assignment.
**to get the short name to view on 2 lines on the button, separate the words with \n
• -Click save or hit the enter key on the keyboard
• -Adjust the chit name (what prints in kitchen or bar) and long name (guest check name) as needed
• -Go to the modifier tab and on the right add any modifier groups you want to to be able to access from this item
**if you are not sure which modifier groups to add you need you can go to [Maintenance][Menu][Modifiers] and look at what groups are available
**Remember, The modifiers will print on the chit in the order the modifier groups are attached to the item
• -Double check that tax, printer routing and modifiers are correct
• -Go to [Maintenance][Menu][Submenus] and find the submenu you wish top add the item to (if the item you created will be a modifying item go to [Modifier] instead of [Submenu])
• -After locating the Submenu (or modifier group) click edit at the botttom of the screen
• - "Double click" on a blank button where you want the new item to go
• -Enter the item number or select it from the item list
• -Make sure "price" is checked and enter the price you want to charge for the item. A price of zero is fine if you are not going to be charging for the item
**Remember, modifying items can have a price if needed. example: shrimp for a salad
• -Save the changes
• -Go to [Maintenance][Menu][Catagories] and add the item to a "sales" catagory and to the "All Items" catagory. If the item is a beverage of any kind also add it to the "Required B" (required beverage) catagory
• -Go to [Utilities][Verify Data]
• -This will show you if you have not assigned the item to a sales catagory or assigned tax
• -To get newly made changes to take effect on the FOH terminals you must go to [Uilities] and "Refresh Data"
Back to Point of sale systems FAQ Index
Back to Point of sale systems Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close