INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...Keep up the very good job that you and your team are doing. This site has replaced my morning cup of tea as a must have/do!!!..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
Signalling Server, Media Cards
Adding custom commands in startup of MC32 cards
Posted: 7 Jul 05
If you want to add a route or command every time the MC32 card reboots you can do the following.
1. Log into the card and further into vxWorksShell (For those who have appropriate access)
2. Go to the root directory with this command. cd "/c:"
3. Create a new directory called etc. mkdir "etc"
4. Go into the newly created directory. cd "etc"
5. Type in the following command. copy 0,"startup"
6. Type in the commands you want executed on startup ie: routeAdd "192.168.10.0","192.168.254.11"
7. Press Ctrl+D to save the file and exit.
8. Type in copy "startup" to read the contents of the file and verify.
9. Reset the card and see the commands are executed on startup. They should appear immediately after the vxWorks banner.
Hope this tip is useful....
Back to Nortel: CS1000 (Meridian) systems FAQ Index
Back to Nortel: CS1000 (Meridian) systems Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close