INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...I think the forum is a great idea, especially for those of us in consulting engineering. Keep up the good work!..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
Posted: 18 Nov 04 (Edited 20 Mar 05)
Making an Impression
As we all know, the study of language is not an exact science, but is rather fluid and laced with interpretation. We enjoy an opportunity in this forum to exchange ideas, sometimes at odds, but always with the free flow of thought. It is a wonderful exercise, hopefully challenging to one’s own position, and a learning experience for all. To keep it that way, I hope that we all follow these guidelines.
1. Respect the other members of this community. Each of us is an intelligent human being, capable of independent thought, with the right to their own opinion. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with another’s opinion, stay focused on the issue, and not on the person. Ad-hominem attacks and/or comments have no place in this forum.
2. Please read the entire thread before posting.
3. Point of Order - Any member, at any time, can call a point of order. This is a way of saying, "let's step back, refocus and get some perspective". When a member calls a point of order, all discussion participants should retreat to their corners, count to ten, take a deep breath, and/or regroup before continuing the discussion.
4. Please keep to the topic of the original post. A thread may evolve along a certain track which is fine, but tangential issues deserve their own thread.
5. Everyone has equal standing in this forum. Any member should feel free to offer their thoughts, or to request clarification on any point, with the full knowledge they will be treated with the same dignity and respect as everyone else in the forum.
6. If a thread gets overly long, then any member should feel free to summarize the positions, including all the key points under discussion, and begin a new thread to continue the discussion.
7. Maintain professionalism at all times. Tek-Tips is for professionals and by professionals, and the Making an Impression forum is no exception. Most of the members of this forum do not participate in the discussions, but simply read them for pleasure and learning. Let’s ensure the environment always remains positive and professional.
Thanks go out to all who have contributed to these guidelines.
Back to Making an Impression FAQ Index
Back to Making an Impression Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close