INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...You have made an incredible site which is truly a great help to me in solving problems. A tip of my hat to you!..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
connecting 2 computers using a crossover cable
Posted: 3 Dec 03
1. you need to create a new user and make it a member of "administrators". workgroup, password and computer name should be the same for both computers
2. activate file sharing
3. ip should be static and different to the other computer by at least one point. the subnet mask should be the same.
4. one of the led's on the nic should lit up while the other led should be blinking. that tells you a good conneciton is established. packets received should be zero at the start of the connection
Back to Compatible networking solutions FAQ Index
Back to Compatible networking solutions Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close