INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...This was the ONLY place that I could find information that I could use to resolve the problem. So thanks once again to member TomSark and the SQL forum!..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
Compiling sendmail on rh 7.3
How to upgrade to sendmail 8.12.10 on Red Hat 7.3
Posted: 19 Sep 03 (Edited 22 Sep 03)
Download and untar latest sendmail
1. Command = cd /../opt/Src/
2. Command = tar zxvfp sendmail.8.12.10.tar.gz
3. Command = /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail stop
Back up sendmail
4. Command = cp /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail.original
5. Command = cp /etc/mail/sendmail.mc /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.original
6.Command = cp /etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.original
7. Command = cp /etc/mail/access /etc/mail/access.original
8. Command = cp /etc/aliases /etc/aliases.original
9. Command = cd /opt/Src/sendmail-8.12.10
10.Command = ./Build
11.Command = ./Build install
Make Necessary Edits to .mc file
12. Command = cd cf/cf/
13. Command = vi /opt/Src/sendmail-8.12.10/cf/cf/sendmail.mc
Copying/Developing Sendmail Configs:
*While in the ../cf/cf director
14. Command = ./Build sendmail.cf
15. Command = cp /opt/Src/sendmail-8.12.10/cf/cf/sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
16. Command = cp /opt/Src/sendmail-8.12.10/cf/cf/sendmail.mc /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
17. Command = vi /etc/mail/access à change a small value
18. Command = cd /etc/mail
19. Command = newaliases
20. Command = make
21. Command = /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail start
Tests and clean up
22. Command = sendmail -d0.1 -bp
*This reports Sendmail Version
23. Check Open Rely: http://members.iinet.net.au/~remmie/relay/
24. Check mail can be sent out and in.
25. Review mail log for errors.
Back to Sendmail, Inc.: Sendmail FAQ Index
Back to Sendmail, Inc.: Sendmail Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close