INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...These forums are an excellent source and example of the way people can help each other..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
How to remove, add and re-record on a TN750
Posted: 14 Oct 02
1. When re-recording an announcement, always delete the current announcement before recording the new announcement.
2. When recording over an old announcement be sure the announcement is not in use by vectors or hunt groups. If you just record over an announcement that is being used, you will more than likely corrupt the announcement and corrupt the checksum.
3. Always complete the recording of the announcement with the (#). If you fail to complete with a # and you just hang up, its possible to hang the announcement port used to record, for all announcement boards in the switch.
4. When you record and announcement or re-record and announcement, you should not try and access the announcement for at least 10 minutes. When the announcement is recorded, it requires 10 minutes to write to properly to memory. If you fail to do this then you can get locked up ports.
5. If you are unable to save announcements perform the following before escalating the fault:
A failure to save announcements is often caused by a faulty system port. Unfortunately, the same system port will be chosen every time the "save announcements" command is executed, causing the command to fail reliably. To find the faulty system port, busy a system port and retry the "save announcements" command. When the command finally works, you've found the faulty system port.
Another point to be aware of : The reason Avaya request announcements are to be deleted before re-recorded is that if you have an announcement that is 10 seconds long and you re-record this announcement and it only lasts for 8 seconds you will have 2 seconds left over and this is stored in an announcement number 0. If you see this on any announcement board the only way to remove this is by erasing the board.
Back to Avaya: DEFINITY systems FAQ Index
Back to Avaya: DEFINITY systems Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close