INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...Thanks for a great forum. My problem was answered just by scrolling through previously solved problems.
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
Posted: 3 Oct 02
It isn't very often but once and a while a new user joins our forum that is unsure on how to proceed within our forum. Hopefully this guideline will help clear up some small confusions.
1. Please be courteous when posting in the forum. Don't demand help or it is unlikely you will get any. Remember these forums are frequented by people just like you. We are not getting paid to answer questions but do so for a multitude of personal reasons.
2. Don't ask people to do work for you. If you don't understand a concept that you have researched and are having trouble with it's acceptable. However, don't ask forum members to write code for you. IT PISSES PEOPLE OFF!
3. Use the sites search engine to look for problems similar to yours. It is highly likely that your question has previously been asked and answered.
4. Show your appreciation for members time. This site has incorporated a star system. At the bottom-left of every post is a link that says "Mark this post as a helpful/expert post!" If you found the post helpful even if it wasn't written specifically for you, click the link. It is also good etiquette to post a short reply to the post saying that you appreciated the post.
If we follow these simple guidelines we can keep this forum a utopia for tekers
If you feel the forum is becoming un-utopia like then add a link to this FAQ in your signature line.
Any other guidelines that you wish to see in this FAQ can be e-mailed to me by clicking the send comment link at the bottom.
Back to Visual Basic(Microsoft) -VB.NET FAQ Index
Back to Visual Basic(Microsoft) -VB.NET Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close