INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...This site is truly a marvel. Without a doubt the most comprehensive, friendly and just plain useful resource of its kind..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
Installation and Configuration
Running BeOS 5 Personal Edition without windows
Posted: 3 Jul 02
BeOS 5 Personal Edition can be installed on a harddrive without having to be run from windows and without the 540MB limitation by making an installation CD-ROM.
* First make a BeOS boot floppy as described in the BeOS literature.
* Take the image.be file and burn onto a CD-Rom as an image file.
* Restart the computer with the boot floppy. As soon as BeOS begins to load, press space and choose the CD-ROM as the boot device.
* When prompted, hit okay to install. Afterwards, follow the instructions to setup the boot manager.
BeOS can alternatively be installed from inside the BeOS 540MB personal edition running on windows onto a seperate partition by running the installer utility inside of BeOS.
Back to Be: BeOS (client/desktop) FAQ Index
Back to Be: BeOS (client/desktop) Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close